OGDCL discovers gas, condensate at Tando Allah Yar

Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) has discovered gas and condensate from its Exploratory Well Tando Allah Yar South West #1, which is located in District Hyderabad, Sindh province.

OGDCL is the operator in this joint venture having 95 percent working interest and remaining 5 percent with Government Holdings (Pvt) Limited (GHPL)

The structure of Tando Allah Yar South West Well#1, was delineated, drilled and tested using OGDCL’s in house expertise. The well was drilled down to the depth of 3250 Meters. The well has tested 10 MMSCFD of gas and 72 BPD of Condensate through 32/64 choke at Well Head Flowing Pressure (WHFP) of 2440 Per Square Inch (PSI) from “Massive Sands” of Lower Goru formation.

The discovery of Tando Allah Yar South West Well#1 is the result of aggressive exploration strategy adopted by the company. It has opened a new avenue and would add to the hydrocarbon reserves base on the OGDCL and the country.