Government of Pakistan and Asian Development Bank signed a loan and a grant agreement amounting to $284 million (Loan 3677 for $280 million and Grant for $4 million) for the Second Power Transmission Enhancement Investment Program- Tranche-3. This agreement is the third tranche of a multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) under the ADB-supported Second Power Transmission Investment Program.
The project objective is to attain improved coverage, reliability, transparency and quality of the power transmission service in the project areas. The project shall comprise of the following
- Construction of 500/220/132 kV Lahore North substation with six 500 kV line bays, six 220 kV line bays, and two 132 kV line bays, including installation of four 750 MVA, 500/220 kV and three 250 MVA, 220/132 kV transformers along with allied equipment and accessories
- Installation of approximately 194 km of associated double circuit transmission lines
- Construction of 500 kV switching station at Maira with 8 line bays and 4 shunt reactor banks along with allied equipment and ccessories
- Construction of the 220 kV substation at Jauharabad with four 220 kV line bays and eight 132 kV line bays, including installation of three 160 MVA, 230/132 kV transformers along with allied equipment and accessories
- Installation of lithium-ion battery packs (5 MWh)
Installation of balance of system including inverters (20MW).