After long discussions with stakeholders, Prime Minister Imran Khan during his four day visit with his team to China has formally signed China Pakistan Free Trade Agreement-2. Main Line-1 agreement was also signed during the visit. Under this joint collaboration project the railway track will be doubled from Peshawar to Karachi.
Prime Minister Imran met with Chinese premier Li Keqiang and discussed bilateral issues and regional matters. Signing ceremony for the second phase of the CPFTA was held, in which the following MoUs/agreements were also signed/exchanged:
• Second phase of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement
• MoU on cooperation in the field of marine sciences between the China Geological Survey (CGS), Ministry of Natural Resources of China, the Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Science and Technology
• MoU between CIDCA and Ministry of Planning, Development and Reform on implementation of the projects under the joint working group of CPEC on socioeconomic development
• China-Pakistan Economic and Technical Cooperation Agreement
• Declaration for completion of preliminary design of Phase-I for upgradation of ML-1 and establishment of Havelian Dry Port under CPEC
• Rashakai SEZ joint venture and license agreement between KPEZMDC and CRBC