Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Energy Department has proposed 14 new power related projects under the Annual Development Programme (ADP) 2019-20 in addition to the on-going projects. All the projects have been divided into different categories including Construction, procurement of land, feasibility studies and others. The details of these projects are
Projects related to Construction
- Construction of 496MW Spat-Gah hydropower project (HPP) in Kohistan under Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- 188MW Naran HPP at Manshera costing Rs70 billion and
- 157MW Maidan HPP in Swat costing Rs65billion under PPP and Independent Power Producers (IPP).
- Construction of 96MW Batakundi HPP in Manshera costing Rs40 billion and.
- Detailed designs and construction of 6.5MW Mujahadin HPP on River Barando in Torghar district along with carrying out of transmission line with total cost of Rs 4195.644 million
- Construction and completion of remaining mini macro-hydropower projects under 365MMHPPs with total capacity of 35.6MW costing Rs52550.190 million
- 10 mini macro hydropower projects on canals costing Rs19.905 million
- Rehabilitation of Reshan HPP costing Rs806.520million
- Lawi HPP 69MW Chitral with total cost of Rs20087.50 million,
- Construction of Jabori HPP of 10 MW costing Rs3798.260 million,
- Construction of Balakot HPP of 300MW in Manshera costing Rs85912.928 million
- Construction of Karora HPP in Shangla and Mataltan-Gorkin
- HPP in Swat of 84MW costing Rs20722.940 million
- Construction of Koto HPP of 40.8MW costing Rs13998.896 million
- Rs30 billion have been set aside for building of more hydropower projects at suitable places in different districts of Khyber Pakthunkhwa
1. Solarization of schools and basic health units besides solar electrification of 4000 mosques in KP.
- Electrification of un-electrified villages through solar and alternate energy resources in remaining districts costing Rs325.490 million of Khyber Pakthunkhwa.
- Solarization of Chief Minister’s Secretariat and CM House.
- Solarization of remaining departments of civil secretariat and electrification of 100 villages through solar and alternate energy resources costing Rs 241 million will continue
- Solarization of 440 mosques in union councils PK-70 and PK-71 Peshawar.
- Feasibility studies for establishment of wind energy units with a cost of Rs150 million and
- Raising of KP’s own Provincial Transmission and Dispatch Company (PT&DC) for quick transmission of electricity generated from completed hydropower projects to the national grid for consumers, agriculture and industrial consumption.
- Swat River cascade study would be conducted with an estimated cost of Rs50.002 million whereas
- Feasibility study for power evacuation from Chitral to Chakdara Lower Dir grid station would cost Rs300.002 million.
- Conducting of seismic study, exploration and production of Lakki Petroleum Concession Block and purchase of land for construction of access roads to power projects costing Rs15 billion have been proposed for ADP 2019-20.
- Feasibility studies for potential raw sites with three schemes having capacity of 965MW including Kari Mushkur Chitral 446MW, Gabral Kalam 110MW and Torcamp Godubar Chitral 409MW,
Purchase of land
1. Purchase of land and Project Management Organization (PMO) for three number HPPs would be conducted with an estimated cost of Rs4000million,
2. Purchase of land for hydel projects costing Rs2160.85million
3. Purchase of land and PMU Balakot HPP 300MW costing Rs1934.680 million
- 27 ongoing projects will continue in the upcoming fiscal year include construction of micro hydro projects (MHP) on rivers and tributaries costing RFs11465.41million,
- MHP on canals costing Rs4351.510MW