USF to provide High speed internet on Motorways

The Universal Services Fund (USF) has informed the National Assembly Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunication that they will provide high speed broadband services along the motorways and highways very soon.
The USF officials said that only 10 percent of the towers are connected through optic fibre in the country while the remaining 90 percent are connected through microwaves. This needs to be rectified on priority basis.
The USF also intends to provide coverage to the un-served areas in FATA and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The USF officials said that 13,000 unserved mauzas covering 15 million population were targeted for voice and data services broadband coverage, of which 7,200 mauzas covering 10.4 million population have been covered so far. They are further targeting to reach out 30 million more population in the next five years.